Gage Street Cat Capers 2

Having a large house to live in and explore turned out to be a good thing. But this was something that Inari would NEVER admit to Shadowfax. She sat in one of the open windows of the screened in porch and sighed. This was wonderful -- she felt like she was outside, but safer. She could watch the leaves fall from the trees, feel the crisp air, watch the squirrels gather their nuts -- what could be better for a cat than this?

Shadowfax strolled into the screened room and plopped down in a sunbeam. "I see you're adjusting well to the new house," she stated, pointedly closing her eyes and appearing indifferent to Inari's response.

"I have NO trouble adjusting! I was just upset that my bed was in pieces that first couple of nights." Inari huffed back. "It's not like I was a basket case or anything."

"Of course not," Shadow replied with a trace of condensation. "You're never a basket case." She turned her face to the side so that Inari wouldn't see her smirk. "Boy, what I wouldn't give to get my claws into one of those birds!" Shadow stated as she stood and studied the starlings as they hopped across the lawn.

"You caught one last night on the roof. Besides, they always make you let them go." Inari skirted from one screened window frame to the next around the porch.

"I don't mind. I just like to catch them. It is so much fun when Ben lets me out the window on to the roof. If it wasn't so far, I'd jump down and explore the entire yard."

Inari shuddered. "You couldn't get me out there! It's not safe, you know. I don't trust those cats next door."

Shadow stood up again and stretched. "Yeah, the Tom's invitation did sound a little condescending, didn't it? And the fact that he brought his mate was a little bit much. Still, I think I could handle those two if I needed to." She turned and sauntered back into the house.

Inari watched the other cat disappear and settled down in a window again. "You won't catch me stepping foot out of this house!" She stated emphatically and closed her eyes.

Comments

Popular Posts